Friday, September 23, 2011

Upcoming Events and Some Cookies from Heaven

Happy Fall! Here are some things happening soon that may interest you:


Museum Day - Tomorrow! FREE admission to participating  museums in the area. For more information click here.


School Pictures for Homeschoolers - Hobbyist Photographer Jodie M. Amiot is offering a special for homeschooling families in the area to have pictures taken at a great rate. You can get more information on her Facebook page here.


Mentor Library Lego Club -  Tomorrow! Check out the calendar for more information.


Homeschool Martial Arts- Classes starting this week!  If you are at all interested, please contact Mr. Hannah for a free class visit.  He integrates character training and overall fitness into the program, as well as peer teaching and leadership opportunities. More information can be found on the classes page.


Next week I'll have details about exciting things happening in October and a giveaway!


First I need to wrap my brain around the idea that it is, in fact, almost OCTOBER.


Also - I don't know about you, but cold, rainy days sometimes make me feel like baking. Or, more specifically, like eating baked goods.  And so I share this recipe with you. These are quite possibly the best cookies ever in the history of everything. I'm currently regretting my decision to NOT buy any chocolate chips this week at the grocery store.


Brown Butter Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies


Brown butter coconut what?!


Small Pieces of Heaven would also be an appropriate title.



My husband came home from work one day and told me about these cookies.  Someone he works with had baked them and brought them in to share.  He ate about 42 of them.  I'm guessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...