Thursday, December 8, 2011

Handmade Holiday Link Party!

I tend to get a little overambitious with Christmas gifts every year.  I always head into November full of ideas and plans for all the holiday gifts that I want to make for family and friends.

Then, suddenly, it's two weeks before Christmas and I have a stack of half-finished projects, or worse - many not even started.  I wish I could say that this year was different, but, it's not really.  I've learned to accept that this is just a part of who I am.  I also take comfort in knowing that it's very common among us creative types - always too many ideas and not enough time to follow through.

But - I love making gifts for people.  There's just something about a handmade item, isn't there? That baby blanket your friend knit, or the quilt your sister-in-law sewed - things that took an investment of time and thought for the recipient.  These are the gifts that we remember and cherish because they have meaning.  Let's face it - it can be the ugliest sweater you've ever seen, but if your favorite aunt made it for you, then you'll love it because of that. You'll only wear it in her presence and at absolutely no other time, but still - you'll treasure the thought that went into making it.

Now, thoughtful gifts can certainly be purchased, too, but I thought it would be fun to talk about the different holiday-related things that we're making this year.  You'll have a chance to link up at the end of the post! First, I thought I'd share some of the things that I'm making for gifts this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...