Monday, February 13, 2012

Making a Mid-Year Switch to Homeschooling

Update: The one year-old has remembered, once again, how to sleep through the night. And there has been much rejoicing.


Often we think of embarking on the homeschooling journey as a well-planned, highly-researched decision that takes place over the summer and is ready to be perfectly executed in the fall. But this isn't always the case, is it?

Or ever.

I've been contacted recently by a number of moms who want to pull their kids out of a traditional school to homeschool them mid-year and are unsure of where to begin once they've made the decision to do it. While there's no short answer to the question of "I've taken my kid out of school, now what?" I thought I'd share my recent response to a mom who presented me with that very question. Her questions were, more specifically, "What do I need to do to comply with the (Ohio) law?" and "How do I choose a curriculum?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...