Monday, February 20, 2012

Presidents Day Links

My oldest turned TEN over the weekend - where did the time go?!


I got the idea to make this picture when a Facebook friend posted it via Pinterest. I don't know the original source, but it's pretty simple to do with any photo editing program - I used Picnik, of course. I think it's a really cute idea and I plan to do them for my other boys on their birthdays from now on. I'm also thinking about getting a few prints of it made to include in the birthday thank you notes - I'm pretty sure the grandparents would love a copy.


We had a wonderful but exhausting weekend of celebrating!


Speaking of celebrating, are you doing any special activities with your kids in honor of Presidents Day? If you need some ideas for things you could include in your school work this week here are some links I found:


BrainPop featured movie today is Abraham Lincoln. You can click on the BrainPop button in the sidebar anytime to see a new featured movie of the day that has extra activities along with it. I'll be doing a more in-depth post about this fabulous site soon.


The Homeschool Mom has some Presidents Day printables, etc...


Homeschool Freebie of the Day is doing a special Presidents Day Blowout called American for the Ears - check it out today.


Homeschool Share has an extensive list of books that tie on with learning about Presidents, along with links to other activities and worksheets.


Finally, here's a Pinterest Board full of great ideas for those of us who like some visual inspiration.


Hope you had a great weekend! If you have any other ideas please share!


~ Dori


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...