Friday, March 23, 2012

Spontaneous Homeschool Project

I don't know about you, but we've been outside savoring the beautiful weather here all week. We've been enjoying daily walks/bike rides and spending time out in the backyard after dinner. This means I've neglected housework and other indoor projects, of course, but can you blame me? And it's not like the mountain of laundry is really going anywhere. I'm confident it will still be there when the cold and rain return and we're forced indoors.



I wanted to mention a spontaneous project that my oldest (he's ten) spent last weekend working on. Partly because I just want to brag about him and partly because there are probably some of you out there with kids who will find it interesting.  Every Friday we go to a gym class in the morning and by the time we get home, have lunch, feed the baby, etc... we're all pretty worn out for the week. It's always a gamble as to whether or not any actual school work gets done in the afternoon on these days - sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Well, last Friday my son went down into the basement full of legos, as usual, and surfaced a while later declaring that he was going to make a lego movie. He recently got an iPod Touch for his tenth birthday and wanted to use the time-lapse app to make a stop motion video using legos. Sounded like a great idea to me! Assuming he didn't need me to help, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...