Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cub Scouts

I know I said that my next post was going to be about the notification process, but then I remembered that my good friend asked me to promote our Cub Scout Pack! So that’s what I’m going to talk about today.
Besides – you should have already sent in your notification.
But for those of us who are lazy, disorganized, procrastinators (or is that just me?) I’ll still be writing a post about it soon. I know a lot of newbies would appreciate “seeing” what this process looks like.
Anyway.
If you homeschool boys then you may have thought about joining a local Cub Scout Pack at some time or another.  My boys have been scouts for a couple of years now and it makes a wonderful supplement to our homeschooling. My third son has been counting down the days until he gets to participate (he’s been dragged around to enough meetings and field trips!) and this year he’ll finally be a Tiger Scout! If you live near Cleveland, then I can tell you we have a really great pack right here in the area.
Cub Scout Pack 789 is based out of Mayfield Village but our families are from many of the surrounding areas. We are a Catholic group, but welcome anyone who is interested in joining us – just understand that we attend Mass together and include prayer in our meetings. We currently have room to accommodate more scouts for this year and we’ll be kicking things off with Mass followed by a picnic and playtime on Wednesday, September 12th – so there’s still plenty of time to join!
We have a website (I run it) where you can check out the information on the main page. The other pages are kept private and only members who join our pack will have access to those.  If you’re looking for a way to get your boys out to make friends and join in fun and educational activities and field trips, then you might want to consider joining our pack. And, if your son will be a Bear Scout (approximately age eight or third grade) then I will be their Den Leader this year!
Now, if that isn’t reason enough to sign up then I don’t know what is.
Pinewood Derby ribbons!
We generally have den meetings or pack field trips twice a month on Wednesday afternoons. Our Pack Leader does a fantastic job of organizing field trips for our pack – my boys have thoroughly enjoyed AND learned a lot from these excursions. The moms try to arrange carpooling whenever possible, too, which is especially helpful for those that may have to drag little ones around with them. Our pack also does only one fundraiser at the beginning of the year, which keeps our dues VERY low.
Check out the website here and let me know if you have any questions!
Hope your September is off to a great start (but can somebody please tell me where summer went?!).
~ Dori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...